Anyone have any tricks for comparing SELECT lists?
prairiepickster
2021-04-29 18:11:06 UTC
Hello,

To provide context: I am still plugging along on an old R83 compatible environment (for a few more months...).

I was wondering if anyone had any tricks to compare SELECT lists (saved via SAVE-LIST) to find either:

- differences
- common elements

and generate a third list .

Years ago I wrote my own 'differencer' in MVBasic. Maybe I've been missing neat tricks for...a while now.
Bruce Ackman
prairiepickster
Rob Allen
2021-05-05 19:25:04 UTC
Can you just read the POINTER-FILE items in a Basic program and manipulate them like any array?