APPGEN
hbkeultjes
2012-03-14 00:32:32 UTC
Any one out there ever run into an APPGEN user or reseller? In case
you wonder, APPGEN was a Pick dealer and APPGEN supposedly is a Pick
clone. Any comments on that last sentence are also welcome.

Henry Keultjes
Mansfield Ohio USA
wjhonson
2012-08-21 00:04:38 UTC
Post by hbkeultjes
Any one out there ever run into an APPGEN user or reseller? In case
you wonder, APPGEN was a Pick dealer and APPGEN supposedly is a Pick
clone. Any comments on that last sentence are also welcome.
Henry Keultjes
Mansfield Ohio USA
I do remember hearing of this product, but my recollection is that it was not a Pick clone, so much as a development environment which ran *on and in* Pick. Like Cue-bic. So the developer never really needed to get to the system prompt, as all the screens and programs and so on, were inside this IDE.

I could be wrong. They do not appear in Pick Hits 1988, and they were apparently gone *by* Spectrum 2002, at which they do not appear either.