Export from Pick/D3 to ASCII?
r***@gmail.com
2015-02-04 03:09:24 UTC
I think we're going to find a consultant who can help. I appreciate
all of the responses, but I think we'll let a trained professional
have at it.
I haven't seen a response from you yet. Do any of the suggestions so far
help?
When you say "mailing lists", do you need to get address data into Microsoft
Outlook contacts and distribution lists by chance? If so, I have a direct
solution. Post a note here. Exactly what are your requirements?
Tony
(please do not e-mail SneakEmail AntiSpam address)
Let me preface this post by saying that I know nothing about Pick, D3,
or much about databases - I'm a network/pc guy. So please be gentle.
I have a customer who's looking to move from a custom built database,
to another, and the new db can import our data if we give it to them
in ASCII format. So, how do I do this?
I am able to export mailing lists through a function of the database,
but we have much more info than just addresses. We can do a full
backup dump file, but of course, it's not in an easily readable
format. The D3 file manager has an export button, but it's always
greyed out.
Are there any utilities that can help me? We use AccuTerm to connect,
and I see capture and download options, but how would I capture our
entire database.
I know I'm probably being incredibly vague, but any help would be
greatly appreciated, if I can be more clear, let me know. Thanks in
advance!
this is a very old thread but id like to ask if you ever got everything transfered? our small family business is currently using the same setup you have (a red hat linux server hosting the D3 database and our webstore attached to it, with using accuterm as the portal to access the information) I would like to move to something like odoo.com setup or anything else really. but our rep at keydatasystems will continuously give me the run-around when i ask if I can export our info into a different format. I am not as programming inclined as most of the suggestions here are leaning towards, so an easier solution would be appreciated. I really hate this system, its drastically outdated and doesnt support near the tools and functions it should be able to. any help is greatly appreciated.
k***@gmail.com
2015-02-04 03:44:33 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
I would like to move to something like odoo.com setup or anything else really. but our rep at keydatasystems will continuously give me the run-around when i ask if I can export our info into a different format. I am not as programming inclined as most of the suggestions here are leaning towards, so an easier solution would be appreciated. I really hate this system, its drastically outdated and doesnt support near the tools and functions it should be able to. any help is greatly appreciated.
This newsgroup is essentially "dead". You should get more responses by posting to the Google Group that replaces this newsgroup at the following link:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/mvdbms

Maybe there is an easy to use tool/application on the market to make extracting your data easier, but I am not aware of any. So, you will likely need some programming. It's not difficult, but could be time consuming, depending on the account/file structure of your existing system and what data is required to be exported.