OT: reboot windows 2003 sometimes helps obscure printing problems
Frank Winans
2013-10-09 00:13:56 UTC
I'm sure you've all run across situations that rebooting windows cleared up.
Today an office staffer admitted that rebooting their win2003 server twice
in rapid succession cleared up some odd network printing problem. Huh. I
won't post further details, sorry, but just the whole idea of trying this
was so bizarre I just had to admit somewhere that yes, it might possibly
work anyway...
Gene Buckle
2013-10-10 14:08:55 UTC
To: Frank Winans
From Newsgroup: comp.databases.pick
I'm sure you've all run across situations that rebooting windows cleared up.
Today an office staffer admitted that rebooting their win2003 server twice
in rapid succession cleared up some odd network printing problem. Huh. I
won't post further details, sorry, but just the whole idea of trying this
was so bizarre I just had to admit somewhere that yes, it might possibly
work anyway...
Windows can be a weird beast sometimes. Sometimes a service will get into
an odd state and only a restart will clear the issue - unless you know
exactly what service is the problem child. :)

g.
--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007
Some people collect things for a hobby. Geeks collect hobbies.

--- Synchronet 3.15a-Win32 NewsLink 1.91
The Retro Archive - telnet://bbs.retroarchive.org