Unix files saved in a D3 file save are changed
Jay
2015-04-03 23:04:21 UTC
Hello All:

When I restore an account where the D3 file is actually a Q-pointed Linux directory, a line containing the name of the Linux file is inserted before the rest of the file item. Does anyone know why or how to avoid this?

D3 item looks like this:

:ED MD DS2.UQ.BIN
top
.P
001 QS
002
003 /dsol/dscope/da/bin
eoi 003

Linux file before restore:

:ED DS2.UQ.BIN
mvhttp-client
top
.P
001 #!/usr/bin/perl
002 #
003 # Copyright (C) 2015...

Linux file after restore:

:ED DS2.UQ.BIN
mvhttp-client
top
.P
001 mvhttp-client
002 #!/usr/bin/perl
003 #
004 # Copyright (C) 2015...

System info:

D3 Version: D3 lx-7.5.12-.Z
Linux Version: RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5.2 x64 running kernel
2.6.18-92.1.22.el5PAE
Running on: Dell PowerEdge 1900 with dual Intel Xeon E5320 processors
with a PERC 5/i RAID controller in (I believe) RAID 5 configuration
Ross Ferris
2015-04-07 01:40:43 UTC
I'd ask this question on the Pick & Multivalue group on google, as this newsgroup is essentially defunct

First port of call wuld be to upgrade D3 ... at least to latest versions in 7.5.x, if not beyond to 9.x --> check release notes as this could be an issue that was/is resolved